Disaster! Well, not quite disaster but a damn good soaking. It has at least answered the question of whether or not my new MacBook Pro is water proof (Ans: it appears at least semi-water proof based on the fact it is still working and it got a bit moist earlier).
The culprit was this guy. Well actually the culprit was me for not tightening the thing up but either way the net result was nearly 2 litres of water merrily making its way into my bag with all those happy-go-lucky cables, plugs, notes etc.
Idiot 😂 No harm done though - UK passports appear to also be water proof too.
Anyway, move on and don't make the same mistake twice I guess. That's always the trick isn't it. It's perfectly human to make mistakes, but don't make the same one twice. Albert Einstein once said,
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new
Good attitude that. I mean I wasn't really trying anything new when I put my water jug in my bag but I choose to follow Einstein's thinking and look on the positive side
of things. Hell, there is bugger all I can do about it now without an industrial dryer to clean it up or a time machine to stop it ever happening.
![]() |
| Baby Face |
As time machine is number three on my list of "things I wish someone would hurry up and invent in my lifetime but actually are pretty much impossibilities" (for reference #s 1 an 2 are Faster-than-Light (Warp) engine and a stable cloning machine) it looks like it might be best to learn my lesson and move on. Time machine would be good though, I could go back and not insist on this haircut!
That's another trick, especially in this modern world of shorter attention spans and instant gratification. We are so quick to move from idea to idea that sometimes we forget that everything is a learning experience. You don't want to get bogged down in overanalysing things obviously but there is something to be learnt from almost everything you do in life. Some of it is clear and obvious - other times you don't realise you've learnt something until much later on.
Today I've learned to check the lid is tight. Who knows when that might come in useful? But the important thing is I've learnt something. Always be on the look our for learning opportunities. And don't be afraid of mistakes. As Einstein said, it shows you are trying new things, the very essence of how you grow through life.
Till tomorrow, Tom
PS - Revising my "no electronics" evening this week to Thursday as it is 1915 and I still haven't left work. I want a full evening of relaxation so tomorrow it is!


1 comment:
I agree about the haircut 😜
Post a Comment