So I have only just finished my previous blog. One I sat down to write full of frustration. Sometimes I forget how raw everything still is, and sometimes I just have those days when I can't believe what is happening. Not what has happened, I've come to terms with that. But there are other things that are truly baffling, that fly against everything that has come before. They contradict everything you've been told and all you thought you knew.
It's funny sometimes, when it isn't just plain bizarre.
However it is amazing how writing things down and getting them out can really help to make sense of that mess of emotions, that bizarre jumble of weirdness that doesn't seem real.
I know my sister finds it easier to get things out when it comes to my mum and I find blogging a great way to unload. It helps me to get things out, to place them in a different context and to start to understand them a bit better. I mean, some things simply aren't explainable, but it is certainly easier to try when they aren't in my head.
Often I'll write a blog three or four times before I publish. Sometimes I'll get one out in 5 minutes flat. I've read a few of them back and can barely remember writing them! However I've never felt worse after writing one. They are honestly great for promoting positivity, encouraging me to look forward, and reminding me that the world (and very often the people in it) are often a complete enigma.
But enigmas are great. They are borne from magic, mystery, legend, the extraordinary. And who doesn't love the extraordinary?
Speaking of the extraordinary, did you know that 54 years ago today the Soviet lander Luna 9 became the first spacecraft to achieve a survivable landing on the celestial body? Just think about that, less than 60 years ago we managed to drop a spacecraft onto a foreign body for the first time. Look at how much (for good and for bad) the human race has achieved in less than 60 years.
It is amazing what we are capable of with the right stimuli. With the right direction and the right focus there really is nothing we are not capable of. It's hard sometimes, when the world appears to be spinning on a different axis to the one you thought, but look in the right (often very different) places and you'll see the magical everywhere. You'll find things that you didn't know you were looking for when the mind is clear and decluttered.
So I'd encourage everyone to take sideways look at things every now and then. Try and find a new angle, a new perspective, a new context. Looking at things from a new point of view won't always help them to make sense. But however you do it, changing your perspective regularly shows us the extraordinary - which is what we are all here for in the end.
Till tomorrow, Tom
PS - Apologies for the lack of pictures/videos. Will be back on it tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment