Monday, 3 February 2020

Day 22 - Running Late

I appreciate I'm a day late on this one. 

It was a busy Sunday. I spent most of the day running around trying to find extra things to put in Katie's first "Parcel from America". I hope she likes it. I suddenly feel very nervous about it. I know I have no reason to be but I am. It's been really difficult the last few days for some reason. I miss being there on a daily basis, I miss being able to be a positive influence from close by - instead having to watch and try to be a positive influence from this far away. The situation is far from ideal and I'll confess that this weekend has been a difficult one.

But at the end of the day I can't control that. As much as there are things I wish I could do I really can't do much. And if you remember, one of this year's goals was to worry less about things I can't control. You have to trust in the people who are in control of the situation to handle it, and then just hope that it all works out properly in the end. I have faith that it will, what else can you do?

So in the meantime it was a day spent trying to find things which hopefully she will love. Or at least remind her that I'm thinking of her every day. And wishing I could give her these things in person.

The rest of the evening was taking partaking in a US institution. It was Superbowl day. Now I just assumed that pretty much everyone in America sits down an d swatches this event (which is after all perennially the most watched broadcast in the world). However in this part of the US it seems less to be the case. For a start, the relatively local New Orleans Saints missed out this year. And Louisiana seems to be a very patriotic state. If the local team don't make it, they tend not to be that interested!

Nevertheless I had a really enjoyable evening out with one of my colleagues. He has a beautiful house and a great set-up. Outdoor seating area, big screen projector, BBQ. Soon to be supplemented by a fully functioning double-fancy outdoor grill station which I will definitely be keen to sample once it is fully complete - assuming I'm invited again!

Anyway, that's enough for my first weekend in Red Stick. I'm about to roll straight out of this one into the next one. So you get 2 for the price of 1 today. Which is always a bargain in my eyes.

Till tomorrow (or in this case, give me 10 mins),
Tom

No comments: