Wednesday, 12 February 2020

Day 31 - Oops

Missed my blog. I blame it entirely on going out for a few beers last night and not actually returning home till well past my normal "school night" bedtime. A few of the folks from work decided to introduce me to one of the local sports bar chains, which has the slogan:

Eats. Drinks. Scenic Views.

The food was pretty good, a nice juicy burger and good fries. Everything else that came out also looked good too. Definitely more on the menu to try. The local beer was tasty, plus we managed to catch the back end of happy hour, which is never a bad thing! 

The scenic views are definitely the selling point of this chain though. And you can probably guess from the name Twin Peaks exactly what those scenic views just might be! Yup, it was exactly what you'd expect. And exactly the kind of place where wearing a suit might make you look a little out of place. Throw in a British accent and it is amazing the kind of attention that generates!

All joking aside though, it was a lot of fun. Got to catch up properly with a few of the folks from work that I know a little bit, plus meet some new ones too. Was kind of a strange feeling watching them disappear one by one to report back to their various commitments though. 

As much as I miss home and the people back there it is sometimes nice to know that you have that freedom to just see where the evening takes you - to just say "yes" when those opportunities arise.

So tonight is "electronics blackout evening". No phone, no TV, no PS4 when I get home. Just me, my book and possibly a nice long bath. I do owe a blog later though before I go - so I best get to thinking about something to talk about in the next few hours then!

Till later, Tom

No comments: