Thursday, 20 February 2020

Day 39 - On the road again

Today started with a ridiculously early 0245 alarm call and is finishing with me sat in a very nice hotel room after three beers, a steak and a good evening spent with a good friend. 

It is however a hotel room with one of the most bizarre features I think I've seen - and I've been in more hotel rooms than I care to count in my my life. Just have a quick glance at the photo and see if you can work it out? Did you get it? No?


You can see the shower from the bed! Literally a clean view straight through the shower into the bathroom from the bedroom. Might have been pretty cool if I still had someone to share it with! As it is, it definitely goes onto my top 5 of odd things I've seen a bedroom (see if you can guess the other 4!).

It can get a bit tedious when you travel a lot, particular when it is short durations for work and you barely get your stuff out of your suitcase. But every now and then you see something funky like this and you realise that you haven't, in fact, seen it all! 

That's a good thing, keeping it fresh. Getting into too much of a routine (a bit is OK) isn't great, and it can often numb you a little bit to the little things. You miss them if you aren't looking. And sometimes you aren't looking because you've forgotten to pick your head up every now and then.

Anyway, it's been a long day. That big comfy bed is calling. And tomorrow is another day, hopefully with something new and exciting too.

Till tomorrow, Tom

No comments: