![]() |
| Downtown Baton Rouge |
For those who haven't kept up the event I'm doing is the Mardi Gras Mambo Run 10km here in beautiful Baton Rouge.
I was hoping to ease myself back in with a 5km but they don't offer one. And besides, who ever said this was supposed to be easy.
This is going to be my first Challenge Event of 2020 and to that end I've added a link to my mum's MuchLoved page. Please, please, please go there and donate anything you can spare. Literally anything. There is simply no donation too small. Every penny and every cent gets us one step closer to a cure for cancer. It also helps to provide support, guidance and the best medical care possible for those who are fighting - and those who are supporting those fighting.
For the race itself I am actually really looking forward to it. I have missed doing these challenges. They have brought me so many happy memories, so many great stories, so much joy. Doing these challenges directly led to meeting Natalie (and then Katie) so it is easy to see just how much of a profound influence they have had on the person I am today, and how the rest of my life is going to pan out.
And raising money for The Christie helps to keep me connected with mum. It keeps her memory and her spirit alive every time we think about her. Every time we remember her it reinvigorates her legacy.
I will forever be grateful for the time I had, even though it was too short. I am forever proud to be her son. And if I can do even the tiniest bit to help raise money, awareness, or even just people's spirits, then I will drag my ass to every start line, every finish line and every challenge I can drag it to, over and over again. The temporary pain is nothing - NOTHING - compared to what others are suffering (both physically and mentally) on a daily basis.
So on that start line tomorrow I'll be thinking one thing - For You Mum, Always.
Till tomorrow, Tom


No comments:
Post a Comment