Thursday, 6 February 2020

Day 26 - Update on my plans

So some of you might remember that I made some plans on Day 11 of my trip. If you don't then go find the link down on the left somewhere (or at the bottom on your mobile). Or actually, just read what is below. 

I made five statements and I thought I'd keep you up to date with how that is working out for me. So the plans (complete with updates) are as follows:

1) I will take up and maintain a hobby/activity that requires me to be outside once a week;
No progress despite some awesome ideas. I thought this would be dead easy. Go find a baseball or softball league locally and sign up. But no. I missed the deadline (register before Christmas) and I can't sign up again until May. However I have joined the local disc golf Facebook page and am planning to head down there Sunday so we'll see whether that tides me over till May.

2) I will take up and maintain a hobby/activity that requires interaction with other human beings once a week;
Am heading down to a martial arts club after work tomorrow to see what they have to offer. Will keep you posted on that one but looking promising.

3) I will devote one full night a week to no electronics;
Designated as Wednesday night. I will do my blog at work on a Wednesday and the evening will be devoted to my book and possibly a bath. Though maybe not together as my book may also get a dip too!

4) I will devote one full night a week to learning a new language;
Spanish. Started tonight. I can already say more than I could this morning. No longer is the only Spanish phrase I know (not associated with beer) "el burro es malo". I always thought it meant "then donkey is sick" but it turns out it is actually "the donkey is bad". Who knew eh? Excluding of course the 1 billion or so people who speak at least a  bit of Spanish in the world. I've actually committed to 4 nights a week on this one.

5) I will explore a new city at least once a month
Plan is still Denver for February but it is (a) looking expensive and (b) possibly scuppered by needing to be in Houston for a week or so. However the back-up plan is looking like Dallas. March will be Nashville (when my Dad visits) and April will depend on the little one a bit.

So that is where we sit on Day 26. I'll keep you all posted on that, plus any other exciting breaking news tomorrow. Then it is into the weekend. 10km on Saturday. Regret life decisions on Sunday.

Till tomorrow, Tom

2 comments:

Janetlucy said...

What’s disc golf.?

Hope you enjoy the martial arts. I really got a lot from karate over the years 🥋

Sheelaalaa said...

Muy buenos xx