Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Here's to 2014 - now make me smile

Another year has begun. A time when people feel the need to make all sorts of promises to themselves which for some reason they can't make at any other time of the year!! The whole "new year, new start" thing has always puzzled me a bit, surely yesterday was just yesterday and tomorrow is just tomorrow - whatever time of year it is?

Anyway, after saying all that I did kind of do exactly what I've just said I find puzzling and set myself some aims for the coming 12 months!!! Damn my conformation to society!


Should be a busy January with my latest Friends of Serenity Challenge (#9) coming up on the 11th. For more details about Friends of Serenity and why I am doing what I'm doing please check out the Challenges bit in the "Links of Interest" below. It is a fantastic cause and every little helps.


I am also looking for a "Beta Group" of readers (preferably sci-fi/fantasy fans) who would like to help with what I am sure will be the toughest challenge I have set myself this year - getting something published. I've written a couple of short-stories that I'd love people to have a read of for me; both from a proofing point of view and also to get some feedback as to whether or not I'm wasting my time. For details drop me a comment on here, my Facebook, my Twitter or at my email address doctortomowens@gmail.com


Throughout the year I'm intending on sharing my experiences via this blog. I have recently been lucky enough to travel to Helsinki, Tallinn and Oslo over the course of the last 2-3 months and have a bug for European Capital Cities. My aim now is to try and tick all of them off before I turn 40. I've got around 40 to do so I'm going to need to do 6/7 per year to achieve that. I'll keep a running total on this page somewhere and also share my travels via my TravelPod blog, which can also be found in the "Links of Interest" below.


On the theme of sharing things, I am intending to review any books/films/games etc. which I get through this year - hopefully someone will find something of interest in them!


Enough waffle for now. Live Each Moment (2014 motto - pretentious and annoying like me)
Till tomorrow, DT

No comments: