Well my latest challenge is over. Thankfully it is the last one until June which I am doing on my own. I have to admit that when I started these back in May last year I enjoyed the fact that I was doing most of them as a single competitor. That enjoyment has waned significantly in the last few months to the point where I'm starting to dread the Tri in June. I'm not sure why but the lone enjoyment effect has definitely worn off.
I have in all fairness been pretty injured since November and every time I've tried to get back into training I've really struggled with physical problems. So I've not been preparing for these events as well as I should be physically. That always makes things harder if you aren't quite in the shape you'd like to be. But normally I'm always mentally focused and today's run was the first time that my mental resilience was not where it should be.
No point dwelling on it too much though. I've just got plenty to work on to get myself back into physical and mental shape ahead of some pretty big challenges this year. On reflection I think today's struggle is not necessarily a bad thing, it's a wake-up call to remind myself why I am doing this and what I am trying to achieve.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to having some company for the next few challenges. The more the merrier in most cases, and it really had become about the banter and the fun. Yes it's great to set these goals and achieve them individually but it has become about so much more than that and I'm delighted to be one piece of a puzzle.
I've updated my Challenge website (see sidebar) with a quick review of today's challenge and hopefully some photos will turn up soon. Please go and have a read and let me know what you think.
But for now its off to bed with the NFL, thankfully its only Saturday today!!
Today's #randomfactoftheday There are 34 mammal species found along the Colorado River corridor including 18 species of rodents and 8 species of bat.
Today's #badjokeoftheday Q: What's brown and sticky? A: A stick
Today's #wesbiteoftheday This is seriously cool, every sci-fi spaceship http://visual.ly/all-sci-fi-spaceships-known-man
On this day: In 1569 the first "lottery" is recorded in England
Till next time
DT
No comments:
Post a Comment