Well its been one of those weekends that I need a weekend to recover from. As well as plenty of sport, and a wee bit of drinking, I've managed to advance a few of my projects and organise a couple of trips too!! I love productive weekends, though I think I'm definitely going to set-up that petition aimed at getting a 3 day weekend.
So the children's story project is progressing really nicely. We've managed to complete 5 of the 8 stories and we've got great concepts for the other 3. My sister has edited and tidied up a couple of them and we have sent one off to a publisher as part of our initial submission to them. Fingers crossed that it'll lead to something in the long run. I have to admit it's been really good fun writing the stories and it has given me a real buzz and a definite bug for writing more things in the future.
Also managed to get a couple of trips either provisionally booked or fully booked out. It looks like I should be able to knock at least 5 of the capitals on my list off this year (Copenhagen, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Lisbon and Riga). It's always good having things to look forward to, and there is no doubt that with one thing and another 2014 is just going to keep on getting busier and busier!
The blogs this week have been a bit "This is what I've done today" so hopefully next week I can get back to my usual style of just sharing thoughts, opinions and ideas with everyone (well, all 10-20 of you that kindly read my blog).
Today's #randomfactoftheday - From 1593 (death of John) until 1972 (death of Frederick IX) every ruling monarch of Denmark was either a Christian or a Frederick.
Today's #badjokeoftheday - Q: What is a Quark? A: The sound a posh duck makes.
Today's #websiteoftheday - Stunning astronomy photos http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
On this day: 1883, the first electric lighting system using overhead wires is switched on.
Till tomorrow,
DT
No comments:
Post a Comment