Thursday, 9 January 2014

I'm sure it'll be fine

Well the costume fits, the tights haven't laddered yet and the hula-hoop attachment method seems sound. I'm ready to make a complete and utter tit of myself on Saturday whilst running around Arthur's seat in Edinburgh dressed as an eyeball! Its obviously all for a good cause (Friends of Serenity) and as long as I don't end up on my ass it'll all be worth it in the end. If anyone happens to be in Edinburgh on Saturday then head down to Holyrood Park for the 5km Great Winter Run. There is loads going on by the looks of things including some cross-country races and the usual fare associated with an organised BUPA event.

In other news, it turns out that my tidying of the loft has caused it to cave in slightly!! That was not exactly the point of the tidy up and I can't for the life of me work out how (a) it happened (b) I didn't notice when I was doing it. Hopefully it's fixable but my cunning plan of not doing anything too stupid in 2014 lasted less than 9 days. For a supposedly smart kid I do some very dumb things :-(

However I feel in reasonable company. Widely accepted as being "a bit smart", Thomas Edison once electrocuted an elephant to prove that his DC method was less dangerous than the competing AC method invented by Tesla and Westinghouse. While he had a point that AC was in fact more capable of killing than DC, I'm sure there might have been a more logical way of proving his theory!!

I have decided to add (yet another) section to this blog. The not-so-random Random Website of the Day. The first entry is http://www.diffen.com/difference/Alternating_Current_vs_Direct_Current
Hopefully I won't run out of interesting websites to use!

Today's #randomfactoftheday Nelson's famous signal at the Battle of Trafalgar, "England expects that every man will do his duty" is slightly misquoted on BOTH Nelson's Column and his tomb in St. Paul's Cathedral.

Today's #badjokeoftheday Q: What's the difference between a guitar and a fish? A: You can't tuna fish.

Till next time,
DT

No comments: