This seems to be occurring rather a lot over the last year or so; things taking place without me really being too involved in the process. Sometimes I wonder whether it's a good thing (spontaneity can be great and its often good to do things rather than look for excuses not to) but at other times I'm marginally concerned that it shows a complete lack of control over my own life.
But then, should a lack of control over your own life trigger panic? Possibly not. Humans (particularly in the Western world) seem to have an obsession with controlling every aspect of life, often to the detriment of our health and sanity. Leaves travelling down a stream end up at the bottom without having to thrash around and stay in the middle of the current for the entire journey. Sometimes they even get stuck on the way (check out that philosophical waffle eh?) and things get a bit "interesting".
Maybe that should be our approach; drift along taking life's "eddies" and just make those major adjustments only when they are needed. After all, everyone of us ends up at the bottom of the stream and I guess I'd much rather sit back and enjoy the view than worry about how I get there.
The point of this all?!
I've realized how much control, over the last year or so, I was trying to take over aspects of my life that I didn't need to. I'm not advocating a complete lack of responsibility (because some things DO need your control) but more I'm suggesting a slightly different approach. Take a deep breath, enjoy the ride and save the big worries and decisions for the really important things. Life doesn't ask permission very often and it also doesn't really care what we think about that. The only person who cares is often yourself, and thankfully that is the one person's behaviour you can influence.
Right enough psychobabble. Not sure I still really know what point I was trying to make but I feel a lot better about making it so I guess job done!
Before I finish though, I just want to say to my friend (you know who you are) that my thoughts are with you.
Today's #badjokeoftheday Q: Why was the belt sent to jail? A: For holding up a pair of trousers
Today's #randomfactoftheday The first moons (other than our own) discovered in the solar system were the 4 Galilean moons of Jupiter in 1610.
Till next time,
DT
1 comment:
Only 14 lines of text to get you to sign up for another one today, ;-)
Post a Comment