Well I think I'm in a position to finally reveal the new project that has got me so excited. In collaboration with my co-author/editor/sibling (we are negotiating which role she can have) I've been working on a set of children's stories which we are hoping to get published sometime soon!! My dad actually came up with the idea over Christmas and the whole family have been bouncing ideas of each other since.
The books will tell the story of two young astronaut boys and their cat (played magnificently by my nephews Charlie, Oscar and niece Poppy) who fly around the Solar System in their magic spaceship accompanied by a friendly star they meet called Luke. They meet all kinds of creatures on their adventures and hopefully learn a bit about space too.
Jo is going to illustrate the stories and Lil has already had some preliminary discussions with a publishing house!! Any profits we make will, of course, be going to the Friends of Serenity charity so please keep your eyes peeled for any further announcements as I hope we will be able to start selling them some time this year - these things ALWAYS take a while.
In the meantime, if anyone wants to help in anyway then either let me know on here or head to the FoS website (see sidebar) and contact Jo through there.
Today's #randomfactoftheday - Of the 222 test centuries scored at Lord's, only 13 have been in the 4th innings of the match
Today's #badjokeoftheday - I asked the gym instructor if he could help me do the splits and he asked how flexible I was. I told him I couldn't do Tuesdays.
Today's #websiteoftheday - http://brandonsanderson.com/
On this day: 1910, the first public radio broadcast took place
Till tomorrow
DT
No comments:
Post a Comment