This last month or so has passed quickly! Already 5 weeks since Christmas, the weather here in Baton Rouge is starting to warm up (yeah I know, crazy right?) and you can already see the springtime on the horizon. It's crazy how quick time seems to tick over when you become an adult. Looking back to where things were only a couple of months ago its hard to actually see the path - even though I've been on it. In a couple more months time, all being well, Katie will be getting ready to visit!
And there are likely to be even more changes coming in the not-to-distant future. Not knowing what may happen next is part of what makes life so interesting. You can look at it in two ways: constant fear of the unknown, or a sense of wonder of what is to com.
I used to love change, I embraced that little bit of chaos which permeates everyone's life in some way. Then.... I didn't. Somehow, slowly, I got scared of change, scared of not knowing. What an idiot! Some change is bad, but even that type of change can be mitigated somewhat by how you react to it. I feel like the last few months have elicited a positive reaction from me in most respects (certainly more positive than I might have expected) and it has given me a fresh energy and fresh impetus to return to being the person I want to be.
Anyway, enough of that for now - that was just something that popped in my head and needed extricating and getting written down.
So what does the next few weeks/months have in store? Well I've got my run in just under two weeks - followed by another three weeks after. I'm pretty close to finalising the details of my sky dive and I've tentatively got my first weekend city break planned. Have a guess where in the US I'll be going to first and if you get it right I'll think of a prize from that place!! Yeah I know its not a great competition but I'm still small-time in the blogging world here!
Managed to grab a few more photos of my little cubicle at work for those interested to see where I'll be based for the foreseeable.
![]() |
| My own whiteboard |
![]() |
| One computer. Plus drawing board |
![]() |
| Other desk - plus Katie's artwork |
For those who don't care about that here is a picture of dinner: Pesto turkey with courgette, mushrooms and spinach.
For those who don't care about either, here is a camel. Cos it's hump day.
That means the weekend is fast approaching. My first full one in Baton Rouge And with that another new playground will open up in front of me. Can't wait.
Till tomorrow, Tom




2 comments:
New Orleans
New York x
Post a Comment