Monday, 13 January 2020

Day 2 - Making Plans

Day 2 back in the big city. Managed to get a reasonable amount of sleep until the train reared its ugly head (see videos below). Weight now down to 15st 10lb so trending in the right direction.


One of the big things I've been committing myself to this year is to restart my challenge events, and the first one is ready to go. February 8th, so 26 days from today I'll be doing the Mardi Gras Mambo 10km in Baton Rouge (https://runmambo.com). I'm hoping this will be the first of many this year - in fact I'm targeting one a month - but I need your help.

What do you think I should do? Is there anything you did that you think I should experience, or anything you wish you had dnone and want me too do on your behalf. I'm thinking all kinds of races (regular, OCR etc.) as well as unique challenges and one general adrenaline stuff.

Obviously it needs to be relatively affordable but the wackier the better if I can find a way to make it happen. So hit me up with your thoughts and let's get the calendar full with amazing experiences an memories. And if you want to join in, and can afford it, then the more the merrier I say.

Once I've managed to set something up these challenges will all be to raise money for the incomparable Christie Hospital (https://www.christie.nhs.uk) who provide an unbelievable service in one ion the most heart-wrenching environments. These people are simply staggering in what they do and the world needs to support them in any way it can.

That's all for today. Its only about 1:30pm here but this afternoon is likely to consist of work, the gym and maybe a beer. Oh and I'm making satay prawns tonight so keep an eye in Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for the recipe (which I'll also bob on the blog later if it is any good) - as well as all the other photos from my adventure.

Till tomorrow, Tom

1 comment:

Janetlucy said...

Do you think this is a DN A thing? A willingness to try new things? Certainly a big part of my make up: Janet x