So my last night here in HTX for a few weeks at least. I check out of the hotel tomorrow and then it is well and truly on. I absolutely love this city and the great state of Texas, but I am so excited about getting started on this assignment for real. Louisiana is going to be a whole different level of adventure, and one I'm so excited for.
I remember first getting to Houston 5 years ago and not really knowing what to expect. I had no idea about it as a city, other than the space centre and the fact there is a lot of what I do work wise down here. But it met any expectations I didn't even know I had and it exceeded all I hoped for. It's all about embracing your situation and taking those chances that come your way. And here comes that next chance.
That giddy feeling is back. Ever since I was young I've always had a passion for exploring. I drifted away from that recently, and it took the biggest backside kick imaginable, but that passion is back.
I love going on new, exciting adventures, I love discovering new places and I love sharing those places and experiences with people. Preferably in the flesh but even through the medium of the internet there is something magical to me about seeing the world and sharing it. There is so much out there that's different, but so much that brings people together.
In the end pretty much all of us are trying to live our best life and spend time with those who we love. I've made so many friends already just through work here in Texas, and I can't wait to see what a full year immersed in Baton Rouge brings.
Those who know me best know I'm happier when I'm busier, when I have a purpose and a focus. I've had a few people say that there isn't much to do in Baton Rouge, but I find that hard to believe. Almost everywhere in the world has hidden delights to be discovered and memories just waiting to be made - and its all about being brave enough to put yourself out there and go experience them.
Already got plenty in the pipeline but looking (as always) for new and exciting things to do and see. A few great ideas have already come my way and I'll be keeping you to date with those but I need more.
So here it comes. The next adventure. Be fearless, be amazing.
Oh boy!
Till tomorrow,Tom
No comments:
Post a Comment