So today was the first day when I felt vaguely human in the morning. 3 days is about right for getting over jet lag for me these days.
Today turned into one of those unexpected "energy" days where you feel like you can conquer the world. I've not had many of them over the last few years but I did today, and hopefully it is the sign of things to come,. It did start early doors due to the time difference to back home and the need to have a few meetings. The pic below shows the office at about 0650, just ready to get the day going.
![]() |
| View from KBR Tower @ far too early o'clock |
One of the things I promised myself I'd do on this blog was extol the virtues of Houston and Baton Rouge. I've only spent limited time in BR but Houston has been my on and off home for a while. As a result I have managed to find a few great spots for eats and drinks - and I managed to drag two of my colleagues along.
First along is the Brass Tap in Midtown (https://www.brasstapbeerbar.com/) which was doing amazing, happy-hour, tacos and a cracking beer selection. The music choice wasn't great but the rest of it made top for it. Check out there site above for happy hour deals and get yourself down there. It'll be even better in the summer when the weather is that bit warmer.
![]() |
| Korean Pork BBQ Taco <- Lush |
And right across from the Brass Tap on the same intersection is Holman's Draft Hall (https://www.facebook.com/HolmanDraftHall/) . It was quiet tonight but the vibe is always chilled in this converted storage warehouse. Great beer selection and the food is pretty damn tasty too (though we didn't eat here). The salads and sandwiches are excellent from past experience.
![]() |
| Holman's Beer Hall |
Think that's all for now. Good luck for hump day and I'll see you again soon.
Till tomorrow, Tom



No comments:
Post a Comment