First day officially in office. Everything that has been in the works (from a career point of view) over the last 18 months or so is finally in place. It has been a long, and often painful, ride but I am here - and ready to work.
![]() |
| Panorama Action |
Got myself a nice little cubicle - complete with my own whiteboard, drawing desk and noticeboard. Wasted no time adding Katie's artwork to the noticeboard, including he collage of "things I want to do which you will have to work hard for Daddy".
I wouldn't change that for the world, being able to help her realise her dreams is a big motivation for what I do.
I know I keep going on about it but being a Dad really change my whole perspective on things. It helped me to understand what is truly important, and I genuinely consider it the greatest blessing I've had.
Also thought I'd share my cooking exploits with you all tonight. As the video says, I've been working on this new philosophy called Noom. It has really helped me to make better (if not always good!) decisions on food - particularly around portion size and understanding how to feel fuller on less calories. Food wise its pretty simple and very unrestrictive, which suits my style.
Evening meal generally need to consist of a protein, a non-starchy veg, a low-carb option and a healthy fat. The custom meal plan they provided gives. me recipes but also provides suggestions as to what each of the above might entail - to allow you to make your own recipes options.
Today's is Tom's Pesto Chicken:
200 g Chicken (the protein)
1 cup roasted squash (the low-carb)
1/2 cup sprouts (the non-starchy veg)
1 1/2 tsp pesto (the healthy fat)
Bit of spinach/kale (filler)
Clocking in at 400-450 calories according to my app, it was excellent. And a bit of forward planning means I have plenty for lunch.
Till tomorrow, Tom,


No comments:
Post a Comment