Minor technical issue with the video. Never could get it transferred so you get a day without getting to hear my voice. I feel your pain and I'm sorry 😂😂.
Another day, another adventure. Well not so much of an adventure as it mainly involved work but that's the right attitude isn't it?!
Definitely starting to get back into US life and becoming a bit more acclimatised to the fact I'm here for a year. I won't settle properly till I get to Baton Rouge and get into a routine but I can feel the process starting.
Caught up with a couple of friends from the client side tonight. Corey was anxiously checking his phone all night as his wife is 9 months and 1 day pregnant. I always wonder what this is like, waiting and knowing that at some point in the next few days your life will be changed for ever.
I obviously didn't have that with Katie as I met her much later bit I know for a fact that when I became Katie's dad it was the moment that everything I knew changed. Becoming a dad is the single greatest thing that has happened to me and I'm a better person for it.
I became more aware of what is actually important in life and to understand how priorities should be. I lost that recently, and that feeling is one I'm desperate to feel again. I'm off to a good start, and always trying to look forward.
What I do know is that my world became so much bigger and better when Katie arrived and I'm so excited for Corey and Alyssa to experience that.
Anyone coming to Houston with a liking for meat is in for a treat. As well as a number of great steak restaurants we have the brilliant Houston Steak Night website (here) which details which bars have pop-up steak vendors and on which nights. Most of them come in around $20 for a steak and a couple of sides (some also include a beer).
Last night was Little Woodrow's in Midtown (here) - and the filet was to die for. Those who don't like to see any red on their steak should look away now, I have mine essentially still moving.
Another thing LW is famous for (in my eyes anyway) is the "tamales" guy. I've been here on numerous occasions and always said at some point I'd get some. We took the plunge tonight (even after that steak) and got some. I'm not going to bore you too much with what tamales are (google/wikipedia can do that job) but I was ever so slightly disappointed. Thankfully they were rescued by some amazing jalapeño sauce and they all got polished off pretty quickly.
Finished off in the Coaches Pub, which definitely falls into the category of American bar rather than English pub but never mind. And we've still not managed to find Jeff a good red velvet cake in town. As you can see, it is definitely playing on his mind!
Till tomorrow, Tom




No comments:
Post a Comment