Wednesday, 22 January 2020

Day 11 - Nothing to say?

Odd day today as the video will described in a bit more detail. First real feeling of isolation, though making that video in itself was a big help. 


Drifting towards not only the weekend but the end of the month. Amazing how quickly time seems to pass as you get older. I'm sure when I was a kid a month lasted an eternity, and everything seemed so far in the distant future.

I usually find myself with a lot more time when I'm away, disconnected from the day-to-day of family life. Even when I was single in the past I always felt like I had much more time away than at home. Maybe it's because you have a very simple set of tasks to do per day - especially when living out of a hotel. 

So I've been doing some research and I've come up with a few goals I want to achieve before I come back. This is not the total list but these are targets I'ds like to hit in terms of activities/hobbies etc. I'll be doing my challenges on top of this, I've just received a big list from a work colleague of things to do in and around BR (cheers Brian C) and there are other goals around health and fitness too. 

I tend to find myself taking much more accountability for things when I formally document things, especially as I expect you lot to take me task if I don't. So here goes:

1) I will take up and maintain a hobby/activity that requires me to be outside once a week;

2) I will take up and maintain a hobby/activity that requires interaction with other human beings once a week;

3) I will devote one full night a week to no electronics

4) I will devote one full night a week to learning a new language

5) I will explore a new city at least once a month

Obviously this involves a big time commitment but I can't wait to get started. 

I've already got a few ideas for (1) and (2) but feel free to leave other suggestions in the comments.





In the meantime please enjoy the view looking East as the sun begins to set, and a picture of me in "chipmunk" mode!


Till tomorrow,
Tom

1 comment:

Janetlucy said...

Ooh, 1 & 2.... lots of new things to try. You don’t have to stick with anything, just try lists of new things and see what sticks....