Sorry all. I know I''ve been shocking these last few weeks in terms of giving you fascinating life insights and meaty topics to get your teeth stuck into. I also apologise for not polluting your timelines/walls/"insert social media function" with terrible jokes and random facts that seem exciting to me but I'm sure aren't to all you normal people.
Part of the reason I've not been blogging is a real down-spiral in my state of mind the last month or so. The doctor did warn me that my condition would result in the odd period like this so it shouldn't have been a surprise. Unfortunately I wasn't quite prepared for it so I didn't manage it quite as well as I hoped I would. Still, lessons learned for next time. Needless to say I am back on the way up which means high productivity and (more than) likely an increase in the stupid things which I sign up for and/or agree to do!
Another reason however was that I have been attempting to write my travel blog for European Capital #15 (Copenhagen) which I managed to tick off last weekend. It has taken a while and I still think I have probably missed something out!
Anyway, it can be found at http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/tomthedoctor/6/tpod.html or you can follow the link on the left hand sidebar.
For those interested, the complete list of visited cities so far is as follows, and I know I'm cheating by counting the 4 components of the UK separately but it helps boost my numbers! Numbers 1 to 9 have no travel blog associated with them (yet!) but #10 onwards can be found at the above address.
#1 London (multiple visits, first in 1989)
#2 Edinburgh (multiple visits, first in 1998)
#3 Dublin (January 2003)
#4 Prague (August 2003 - part of interrail trip)
#5 Bratislava (August 2003 - part of interrail trip)
#6 Budapest (multiple visits, first in Aug 2003 - part of interrail trip)
#7 Warsaw (August 2003 - part of interrail trip)
#8 Cardiff (June 2004)
#9 Belfast (April 2010)
#10 Rome (July 2010)
#11 Vatican City (July 2010)
#12 Tallinn (October 2013)
#13 Helsinki (October 2013)
#14 Oslo (December 2013)
#15 Copenhagen (March 2014)
Next Five
#16 Lisbon (proposed July 2014)
#17 Zagreb (proposed October 2014)
#18 Ljubljana (proposed October 2014)
#19 Riga (proposed November 2014)
#20 Reykjavik (proposed February 2015)
I'm always on the lookout for travel buddies so if something catches your eye, then let me know.
Today's #randomfactoftheday - The most remote Archipelago in the world, is actually part of the UK (Tristan da Cunha in the South Atlantic Ocean).
Today's #websiteoftheday - NW England's first Disc Golf Course is being built in Longford Park, Stretford. Find out more here (http://www.manchesterdiscgolf.co.uk/)
Today's #badjokeoftheday - Courtesy of my 5 year old nephew Charlie; Q: What goes up and down in a lift on its own? A: A Gooseberry
On this day; 1856, the Treaty of Paris is signed - ending the Crimean War. Well, the first one anyway.
Till next time,
DT
No comments:
Post a Comment