"Success breeds success" they say. In cricketing parlance fielding teams tend to say "one brings two" - meaning of course, get one batsmen out and you might have a good chance at getting another one. In this case I am going to apply it to travelling - why does wandering and exploring always seem to spark an increased desire to keep doing it!?
Since coming back from Copenhagen I have done nothing with my spare time except plan trips and try to work out where to go and when. I was looking forward to going to Denmark but it certainly wasn't with this level of enthusiasm, so why now the excitement?
It is true of a lot of things though when you think about. A really good gig gets you buzzing and in the mood for another one. A great meal always seems to leave you wanting more no matter how full you are. And there is no better way to get over the end of a holiday or a trip than to get planning another one.
I am sure this is some psychological or neurochemical effect within the brain that explains fully this relationship between doing something fun and suddenly wanting nothing more than to keep doing it. But I'll leave that to the professionals!
All I know is that when you get that urge and/or that intense enthusiasm and desire to do something then it is your brain giving you some fantastic advice. "That was brilliant, let's do that again soon". And who am I to argue with my brain on something so important?
Today's #randomfactoftheday - A total of 12 countries in the world currently have more than one "capital". One country even has three!
Today's #websiteoftheday - Everything you could ever want to know about Mud/Obstacle Races, including how to get over an 8ft wall (http://www.mudstacle.com/).
Today's #badjokeoftheday - Q: How do you kill a circus clown? A: Go for the juggler
On this day: 1909, construction of the RMS Titanic begins.
Till next time,
DT
No comments:
Post a Comment