So I was recently diagnosed as being bi-polar. Having at least a partial diagnosis is always a big help, and particularly this one because it now gives a name to some of the bizarre things that seem to be permanently taking place in my head! It has also allowed me to identify that, rather than me simply being in a bad mood today, I am actually entering one of my "down cycles" and so I need to learn to adjust and work out how to operate well when I am in them.
One of the things I will have to learn to get the hang of is a lack of production. I haven't written a blog for three days, and even this one is a blog about not having anything to write about. It is a very weird sensation to suddenly go from being phenomenally productive to physically unable to do anything constructive essentially overnight.
It is strange to feel all your enthusiasm and drive leak out of you, but at least I now have some idea why it is happening so it shouldn't get me down so much any more. Everyone struggles with peaks and troughs in production and energy, mine just seem to be more extreme in both directions! However I just have to make sure that when the "up" cycle comes around I'm raring to go with lots of big ideas and projects to use the time well.
Hopefully next week I might be able to think of a few more things to write about, there is certainly plenty in my head and lots of good stuff coming up soon. Another couple of challenges should be done by the end of the month (check out the Many Silly Adventures site for more news) and there are a couple more projects in the pipeline that are getting me pretty excited. Plus another capital (Copenhagen) is due to be ticked off in March so it should be full steam ahead.
Today's #randomfactoftheday - As of 2013, there are 981 UNESCO World Heritage Sites with 28 of those being in the United Kingdom.
Today's #badjokeoftheday - Another favourite that I may have used before. Q: What's a Grecian urn? A: About £6 an hour.
Today's #websiteoftheday - If you've ever wondered what order to watch all the Babylon 5 series and movies in, well here is your answer (http://johan.kiviniemi.name/blag/b5/)
On this day; 1896, Henri Becquerel discovers Radioactivity
Till next time,
DT
No comments:
Post a Comment