Judging from the latest information coming out of the Governor's office it seems like a Louisiana Lockdown is inevitable. maybe as soon as tomorrow. His recent statement that if we don't do anything we face the worst-case scenario is alarming in itself. Even more alarming is watching the local news and realising that people still aren't taking this seriously.
"I'm not at risk so why should my life be inconvenienced" appears to be the most common response. Dangerous thinking guys. The needs of the many and all that?
As things stand it is business as usual at work, but we'll keep an eye on that daily.
Followed this guy to work today, I think he has the right handle on this whole virus thing (zoom in)!
Followed this guy to work today, I think he has the right handle on this whole virus thing (zoom in)!
Anyway, as I'm nothing if not proactive (maybe) I had stocked up on things to keep me busy when I'm stuck within these (roughly) four walls. I've already started yoga and a 30 day abs challenge, but keeping the mental side of things ticking over is just as important.
A quick trip to the local Barnes and Noble, complete with the requisite social distancing, yielded the following haul + Winterfell (see the video). This should keep the grey matter stimulated for a few weeks at least. Especially those 3D ones, wow they look pretty complicated.
This whole lot still cost less than a Lego Millenium Falcon. No wonder lego was revenue somewhere in the $4-5bn per year range at those prices!
So we'll see how this all shakes itself out. Not much else we can do in these interesting times. Hope you all stay safe, look after each other and use this as an opportunity to re-evaluate how you want to live your life and what is important to you. I know I will be.
Till tomorrow, Tom
Till tomorrow, Tom


1 comment:
Same here Tom, we are now looking for things to stop up going stir crazy... Take care we just need to ride the storm the best we can... see you on the other side xxxx 💕
Post a Comment