First day back in the office in Baton Rouge and trying to get back into a rhythm after a slightly disjointed few weeks. Also trying to avoid the panic and hysteria around the coronavirus which thankfully has permeated too far into Louisiana - yet!
Sounds like our first cases have hit though so I'm fully expecting the mass craziness to start here in earnest too. Having seen the way the rest of the world has been dealing with it, I expect it'll get worse before it gets better unfortunately.
Away from the insanity of everything it's been a good few days. Travelling to/from Houston always creates a slight disconnect, routines are disrupted and good habits so hard to keep. The weight is still coming off but I'm having to work harder and harder every day to keep the progress. And it's not just the weight, there are a bunch of other habits (eating right, exercising, drinking plenty) that are so much easier when I'm trying to live out of a suitcase.
I've talked about this before, but when I'm on good form I'm a kind of "organised spontaneous". If that sounds pretentious - then it probably is. But what I mean by it is that I can be very in-the-moment about certain things, but I have to my other ducks in a row. For example, if I get all my meals planned out for the week, then it relaxes me. Cos I don't have to think in the evenings. Which means the evenings can be spent pursuing more exciting activities than cooking for one!
Anyway, back to routine. One that I've been working really hard to keep going even when I've ben racking up the miles is taking care of myself - particularly my new skincare routine! Hands up anyone (ANYONE?) who expected me to write those words. Yup, as I thought.
But it has been a revelation. Check out Lumin for more information, I can't get enough.
That few minutes each evening has made a huge difference, not just to my skin (which hasn't looked this young in years lol) but the whole decompression period at the end of a day. It is so, so important to clear as much as possible out of my head before I hit the pillow at the end of the day. Without it, I'm restless and distracted - and it puts the next day on the back foot.
But with it, my word, I'll hit tomorrow absolutely rolling. I can't believe how much of a difference it genuinely makes. It is black and white, day and night. I'll feel like I can take on the world, and at least put up a very inteersting fight!
So in the rush and the push for spontaneity, don't forget the importance of getting the basics right. Cos from a solid basis, the stars are your limit.
Till tomorrow, Tom

1 comment:
A good skincare regime, that’s a thumbs up from me x
Post a Comment