Tomorrow is Challenge #15, the 10km Total Warrior. I finally got around to looking at the course map, I now I wish I hadn't bothered!! This one looks absolutely crazy with a ridiculous array of obstacles both natural and man-made. There is an advantage to that though, more obstacles usually means less distance running between them. Full report will follow tomorrow once I've cleaned all the mud off!
You might find it odd to learn that someone who does so many of these runs (both obstacle and "normal") doesn't actually enjoy running that much, but I don't. I don't hate it, it just hurts a lot both during and afterwards and to be honest if someone could ferry me around between the obstacles that would do nicely. In hindsight I should probably have picked a hobby that I am actually good at and also physically capable of doing on a regular basis without falling apart.
Though then a big part of me asks "where is sense of adventure in that"? That sounds like an easy way out when in actual fact the whole point of doing these things is to challenge your limits isn't it? Life can be done very quietly, very easily and with the minimum amount of fuss if we want. But is that what we are supposed to do with it? Or are we, as I mentioned in a previous post, supposed to seize it? Are we in fact meant to do things the "hard" way, because the reward from overcoming challenges like that is the prize itself.
So tomorrow I'll spend a good few hours soaking wet, covered in mud and in varying degress of pain. And you know what, there is a very good chance that despite all that I will love every single second of it!! Which is the whole point of things in the end.
Till next time,
DT
No comments:
Post a Comment