Saturday, 16 August 2014

A plea for some assistance

I'm looking for a bit of help here folks. A few months ago I started to write a series of children's stories about the adventures in space of two children and a cat (played brilliantly by my nephew's Charlie and Oscar and my niece Poppy). They are guided through their escapades by a star called Luke, named in memory of Jo and Mark's baby - who is the main reason Friends of Serenity exists in the first place. 

The idea is to publish these and sell them to raise funds for the charity. I know there are huge hurdles to overcome but I also know there are some fantastic, generous people out there and with a bit of hard work we can make this happen.

I've essentially finished the stories now and am hoping to get my sister to do the editing, on the basis that she has three kids under the age of 7 and therefore knows what a good book for children looks like! Jo is hoping to do the illustrations but I know she is exceptionally busy at the moment so they are on the back-burner. 

There are still a bunch of other things that we need to get sorted in the meantime before we can get this project moved on. We need to find a publisher who is interested or if not we need to locate somewhere where we can layout and print our own books. I'm sure there are plenty of other things I've not even considered either.

If you know anyone who may be able to help in any way at all then I would love to hear from you. 

You can drop me a line at doctortomowens@gmail.com or you can get me via my twitter handle @tomthedoctor. There is also a Contact Me page on my Silly Adventures Website or you can find us via the official Friends of Serenity Site too. 

Also, if you can share this around then it would be magnificent. The more people who hear about the project, the greater our chances of finding someone who might be able to help and the more likely it is that this will eventually see the light of day.

Thanks for reading.
Till next time,
DT

No comments: