Tuesday, 21 April 2020

Days 100/101 - The next 100

So yesterday completed my first 100 days of my great adventure. I can safely so that no-one out there  would have seen it panning out the way it has when I finally agreed to it about 9 months ago. It is also pretty safe to say that even after I got here and started to settle in, it has definitely taken a turn for the worse.

Looking Forward
But this year was always supposed to be a positive so instead of looking back and reminiscing about the first 100 days, I want to look ahead to the next 100 - and set myself some goals. 

A lot of these are obviously pretty dependent on the lockdown being lifted and life returning to normal, but not all of them. Some are ambitious and may take the rest of the year, some should be quicker!


Get Katie over to visit

Do a skydive

Learn at least three songs on the banjo without needing to refer to the music

Join a martial arts group

Complete another 10km

Drop another 2 stone

Learn one song on the drums well enough to play along

Have a half-decent conversation in Spanish with someone

Go on a date (I'd even take an unsuccessful one!)

It's all about looking to the future, setting goals and working towards achieving them. If you look forward to what is to come, and set good targets, then it can really help you to work through those crappier times and take the positives out of things.

I'll keep you updated on progress, and let me know what else needs to be on the above list. Anything will be considered, provided it is legal of course!!

Till tomorrow,
Tom

2 comments:

Janetlucy said...

Great goals.

Jess N said...

Can give you some Tae Kwon Do lesson over Skype :) Been a while so I might be a little rusty but I did get a teaching qualification