A huge part of these experiences and memories for me is the people that you choose to do these things with. The greatest experiences that I can look back on combine these elements of not just "what" but "who". After all it is other people and our interactions with them which drive most of our day-to-day lives. Whether it is people you work with, people you spend time with or people you glimpse into the lives other (both fictional and non-fictional).
I can be personally guilty of being very insular and particular isolated sometimes. I'm not going to lie, some days I don't want to see another single human being. It is not necessarily because I don't like other people but simply that occasionally it is OK to do things on your own. A big part of my life recently has been working out what things I would like to share with people and which things I would prefer to keep to myself. Then it is simply a case of finding the "who" to go with the "what".
And it won't always be the same person, I think that is quite an important point. Sure you might do the majority of things with a particular person but everyone needs space and time to make their experiences and memories in the way that feels right to them.
Every day gives us the opportunity to enrich our lives and to add another "notch" to the belt of life experiences. They are the things which I think life is truly about when all is said and done. And you probably have less time than you realise right now to go and make those things happen.
So tomorrow pick something you want to do, and someone to do it with, and go generate those memories.
Till next time,
DT
No comments:
Post a Comment