Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Recipe #1 - Pumpkin Puree Enchilladas

Yeah that's right, this is now a foodie blog too! I'd like to say that I'm a really good chef who can dazzle you all with my skills but that's not entirely true. I'm not a bad cook but I don't get to do it very often. Plus I like food

The main reason for going foodie on you tonight though is that I've only just thought of a topic for my blog and it'll take too long to do the necessary research this evening. Instead you get it tomorrow.

So, in the meantime I am starting my Recipe of the Week theme. Yes, I know I already have Website of the Day, Fact of the Day, Joke of the Day and Historical Event of the Day but I like things like that so I'm all good.

Therefore, may I now present to you; Recipe #1 - Pumpkin Puree Enchilladas
Recipe serves 4 and takes about an hour to make

Ingredients
800g pumpkin (or butternut squash) - peeled, deseeded and "chunked"
1 bunch spring onions finely chopped
200g soft cheese
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/2 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1 can chopped tomatoes
25g cheddar (though mexican cheese also works nicely)
Handufl fresh coriander (though marjoram or oregano also hits the spot)
8 soft tortillas

Method
1) Steam the pumpkin for 15 minutes
2) Place pumpkin in a large mixing bowl with onions, low fat cheese, chilli powder and mustard
3) Mash
4) Preheat oven to 180 C
5) Pull a couple of spoonfuls of mixture in each wrap and roll
6) Place wraps in an ovenproof baking dish, side by side
7) Tip over chopped tomatoes, grated cheese and coriander
8) Bake for 20 mins
9) Eat

I appreciate that this is a relatively lazy blog today but I've had one of those busy evenings so there we are. Give them a try though, they really are cracking and pretty healthy provided you don't eat them all to yourself.

Oh and for the record, tomorrow's blog will be very very interesting - honestly!!

Today's #randomfactoftheday - The world record holder for the largest pumpkin ever grown belongs to Mr Ron Wallace who produced a 2009lb (911 kg) whopper in 2012.

Today's #badjokeoftheday - Q: What is a pumpkin's favourite sport? A: Squash

Today's #websiteoftheday - I'm sorry. I might have just distracted you forever (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/)

On this day; 1930, Clyde Tombaugh discovers Pluto

Till tomorrow,
DT

No comments: