Saturday, 3 January 2015

Beginning afresh

I seem to do a reboot like this every so often, usually every few months or so when I realise all I've been doing is book reviews and I haven't volunteered an opinion for a good long while. And I have SO many opinions that it would be rude not to share them all with you. So I'm back. Just like Spiderman, rebooted and (I hope) improved,

Last year I didn't set resolutions, merely goals to achieve. For those of you who are interested they were the following (I'm claiming 2 and a bit out of 5):

1) Write something on this blog every day - FAILED
2) Read at least a book a month - PASSED
3) Get my short stories published - FAILED
4) Tick 4 more European Capitals off the list - PASSED
5) Complete 14 Friends of Serenity challenges - FAILED (barely though, I did 13 and I'll do 14 from 10th Jan 2014 to 10th Jan 2015 inclusive)

It has been a crazy, strange year from start to finish - looking back at where I was twelve months ago to where I am today it feels like a lifetime ago. Those five goals don't seem to even scratch the surface of the adventure that was 2014. It's been a rollercoaster; emotional, psychological and physical and there have been both  unimaginable lows and breathtaking highs mingled together.

Looking forward 2015 looks to be no different; with 12 races booked so far, more books on my shelf than you can shake a log at and 31 european capital cities still requiring my attention. Not to mention a fantastic new relationship, complete with a new 6 year old "daughter" who I am sure is running rings around me for fun!

I'm sure you'd agree that this is shaping up to be one of the best years I've had. It'll be interesting, challenging and eye-opening but I can't wait for every single minute of it.

So without further ado I present 2015's goals to achieve;

1) Beat last year's total of 24 books (I'm aiming for 30)
2) Complete 15 Friends of Serenity challenges
3) Get a publisher for my kids stories
4) Start at least two new hobbies (one of which must be out massively of my comfort zone)
5) Spend more time with those people who matter
6) Enjoy every moment

I don't think I'll have any problems with #5 or #6 but I do welcome any and all suggestions for #4!

Have a great 2015 everyone and take care of those you love.
Till next time,
DT

No comments: