Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Coming thick and fast

After a bit of a lull between challenges we have now hit "busy season". Between now and the Men's Health Survival of the Fittest on November the 8th I appear to be attempting the following:
  • Total Warrior (10km)
  • River Rat (10km)
  • Tough Mudder (18km)
  • Spartan (5km)
  • Reaper (2 x 10km)
  • Men's Health (10km)
Six challenges and 73km across a mere 101 days (plus hopefully this accursed zipline). 

The longest between events is 3 weeks and the shortest will be the few hours between the day and night versions of Reaper! I pretty much blame Rick entirely for this and I will make sure I moan at him continually before, during and after all of these events.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anything but genuinely excited about this little stretch. It is a chance to try and get myself fit and really get out there and do something positive. I'm lucky enough to be still able to even attempt these challenges and even more fortunate to be raising awareness and funds for such a fantastic charity along the way.

First up is Total Warrior (Challenge #15) on Saturday. It's been a wee while (April in fact) since I last encountered the mud and it'll be great to feel its sticky goodness again. Wish me luck and please check out the website if you get a chance. It would mean a lot.

Till next time,
DT

No comments: